Monday, January 23, 2012

Clothes from 1975... That I'm Glad Haven't Had A Come Back

While going through my grandma's basement (she passed away last month sadly), I found a large stack of old Sears catalogs.  It's been a blast going through them and laughing at the fashions.

There's some retro clothing that's not too bad (I'll post those later), but since it's Sears, there's obviously a lot of really, really bad clothing that I'm glad hasn't had a comeback.

From the Fall/Winter 1975 Sears catalog, here's a sampling of the worst of 1970s fashion:


Hmm, nothing says "masculine" more than a corduroy blazer with a really wide tie.  This guy looks like he's selling used cars and I'm not sure I want to cross that guy on the left below him...


Ah, the leisure suit.  But check out these blouses...  Bad polyester meets really bizarre printed shirts.  And this is juniors clothing!



Wow, these girls are rocking some really rad shirts!   No problems with sagging pants back in 1975 either.


Plaid pants.  What a fashion statement! 



3 comments:

  1. Meh, "bad clothing"? I thought most of those vintage clothes looked pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty cool. There's nothing objectionable here, unless you have a weak stomach when it comes to fashion.

      Delete
  2. My son Jason is 10yo boy.
    I love dress him in vintage from 70's suits, blazers, shorts, pants, big bowties.
    Today is difficould find something original. But I was looking in internet for this wear, and I find yours olds suits fro 70'.
    Please help me. My son is boymodel now, and nothink like vintage suits on him, is taking attention of tallent catchers.
    I will buy some vintage suits, but i will see your old vintage from 70's patterns for boys . Can be for sizes 9-14.
    if you can help me with this, i can pay. I am pretty shoore, you can have in yours archives many patterns with boys fashion.
    70's suits, blazers, shorts, pants, big bowties, shirts.
    Maybe you have this original suits to.
    Sometimes i can find something for him, but is so expensive and difficould to find. He love this suits to.
    Please help me with it.
    I will send you some his photos in pink vintage suit.

    ReplyDelete